Renaissance Alliance Annual Meeting: Executive team expansion and growth initiatives introduced
400+ agency members, insurance carriers and vendors gather to chart future course
Renaissance Alliance Insurance Services (RAIS), New England's premier membership alliance for independent insurance agencies, marked growth and achievements at its recent Annual Meeting in Newport, RI. Meeting attendees included more than 400 insurance agency members, insurance company executives, service partners and staff. The two-day meeting encompassed networking and breakout sessions, kiosks, demos and interactive sessions in the Carrier & Vendor Pavilion.
In keynote remarks, Renaissance Alliance President J. Bruce Cochrane noted the significance of the Long Arc capital investment to expedite growth plans and fund key technology initiatives. In addition, he introduced three new members of the executive team who joined from Long Arc:
- Kevin Callahan, Executive Chairman
- Robert A. Bondi, Chief Agency Growth Officer
- Michael Freilich, Chief Technology Officer
Of the new executive team members, Cochrane notes that tripling of the executive team affords the Alliance the management bandwidth and additional world class expertise to expedite growth capabilities of Alliance member agencies. Also joining the senior management team:
- Leanne Ross, Senior Vice President, New Member Sales. Ross was recently CEO of Ivy Ladder and previously regional sales executive with The Hartford. Her mission will be to work with the executive team to grow membership in the Alliance.
Among the upcoming agency growth initiatives will be the development of a team of Agency Success Coaches, a buildout of technology initiatives and conversion of data into actionable agency-specific growth strategies. RAIS is also planning geographic expansion in 2019.
Among the prior year’s benchmarks celebrated by Renaissance Alliance members at the meeting:
- Premium under management for 2018 is projected at more than $600 million.
- Renaissance partners with 45 premier insurance companies.
- Agency members grew an average of 7.5% over the past year, more than doubling the national average growth of 3%. High performing members grew by an average of 17%.
- Ten agencies have more than doubled their premium in the past five years.
- More than 90 agencies and their subsidiaries now span 5 states: CT, MA, NH, NY and RI.
- 4 new member agencies joined in recent months:
- Dougherty Insurance Agency, Inc., Stratford CT
- E.F. Bishop, Providence RI, Providence RI
- The Marcucilli Agency, Inc., Bethel, CT
- Universal Insurance Agency, Worcester MA
- 4 agencies reached a 15-year Renaissance Alliance membership milestone:
- Blackmer Insurance Agency, Inc., Shelburne MA
- Cornerstone Agency, Athol MA
- Leonard Insurance Agency, Inc., Osterville MA
- Mancuso-Nowak Insurance Agency, Inc., Shrewsbury MA