September is back-to-school and back-to-business month, with the lingering days of summer giving way to cooler evenings. Remind your clients about back-to-school safety and insurance issues for students moving away to college. Let your business and personal clients know that it’s National Preparedness Month, a time to take stock and prep for any emergencies and gear up to September 30, PreparAthon Day. Offer tips on building an emergency kit, developing a family and business disaster plan, checking that vital documents are in order and ensuring the right insurance coverage. Plus, there are many health and wellness issues to promote this month and a few fun things, such as World Beard Day, Grandparents’ Day and Talk Like a Pirate Day. We offer dates and links to jump-start your communications and social media campaigns.
Monthly observances in September
- 4-10 Preparing Family & Friends – Make a family emergency communication plan
- 11-17Preparing Through Service – honor 9/11 by Getting involved in your community
- 18-24 Individual Preparedness – downloading the FEMA app
- 25-30 Lead up to September 30, National PrepareAthon Day!
· National Hispanic Heritage Month (9-15 to 10-15)
· 11-17 National Assisted Living Week
· 18-24 National Rehabilitation Week
· 22-28 Fall Prevention Awareness Week
3 – World Beard Day
5 – Labor Day
26 – Johnny Appleseed Day
27 – World Tourism Day
28 – World Rabies Day
29 – World Heart Day